This is a season of many distractions and if you are not careful you will lack the ability to be productive due to a lack of focus and consistency. When I say productive I am simply referring to using your time in the way that is best suited for your life.
Distractions can come in many forms such as the news, social media, current
happenings, tv, and other things that seem to pop up.
This is an unusual season for all of us which adds to the struggle to remain focused.
The events taking place around the country along with the plethora of news headlines are enough to keep anybody unfocused. However, this is a very critical and prophetic period of time that requires discipline, focus, and great intention.
Below are a few tips to help you stay focused so that you can be more productive.
1. Make a schedule - As more people find themselves at home the lack of structure in their day is showing. Set a schedule so that you can ensure you have time set aside to be productive on a daily basis.
2. Exercise - It's good for your health and when I say health I'm including your mental health. Get out of the house and get moving. A lot of people have accidentally gained some unwanted pounds due to being in the house more snacking. YOu will be surprised how a sedentary lifestyle can affect your concentration and productivity
3. Book a mental health appointment - There is so much fear and anger running rampant in this country. For many, this is making it hard to rest and to focus.
4. Rest more - If you feel tired take a nap and rest. I don't ascribe to the belief that you need to start 5 businesses, write 4 books, and launch 10 products during this time. For some, this is simply a time to get some rest and relax a little bit.
5. Prayer and meditation - You can never go wrong being rooted and grounded in prayer and meditation especially when we are praying and meditating on the Word of God.